Are you interested in becoming a cadet?
PCYC is on the lookout for fresh faces to join the Nanango emergency service cadets unit in term two.
Candidates must be aged between 12 and 17 years old.
The cadets meet in Nanango on Thursday evenings.
But get in quick, because there are limited spots available.
As an emergency service cadet you will get the opportunity to:
- Learn a wide range of skills related to the emergency services,
- Support your community through volunteering under the Cadet banner and;
- Work on your own personal leadership journey and skills
All adult leaders are volunteers who have a wide array of experience, knowledge and diverse backgrounds.
All adult volunteers have a working with children blue card.
According to the Nanango Emergency Services Cadet Unit, all Cadets must be prepared to:
- Supply their own black leather safety boots, which must be kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Attend at least 50 per cent of training sessions per school term, be punctual and well presented in a freshly washed and ironed uniform (units meet once a week for two hours during school term).
- Arrange their own transportation to and from all cadet events, including training and special events and volunteering opportunities (unless group transport is provided).
- Engage in all aspects of the program, including with staff, equipment and facilities, in a respectful and peaceful manner.
- Act in a manner according to the cadet code of conduct at all times that the uniform is worn, including during transit to and from the Unit.
If you're interested apply here.