Australia Day barbecue goes horribly wrong for Downs woman
AN Australia Day barbecue has gone horribly for one woman on the Southern Downs.
The Toowoomba-based RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter has airlifted the woman who suffered burns when an aerosol can exploded on a barbecue.
The rescue helicopter responded to a town in the Southern Downs at about 4.30pm on Sunday.
It's believed a can of fly spray fell onto a lit barbecue, exploded and caused a flash fire.
Chemicals from the aerosol insecticide also sprayed all over the woman's arms and face.
The Queensland Ambulance Service drove the patient, aged in her sixties, to a nearby park where the rescue helicopter was waiting.
She was airlifted to Toowoomba Hospital in a stable condition.
The rescue helicopter service also flew to another private property in the Southern Downs region yesterday, to assist a rider who was injured, after falling from a horse.
The chopper was called into action at 1.50pm.
The aeromedical crew, along with the local QAS, treated a woman, aged in her late twenties, who had suffered head injuries.
She was airlifted to Toowoomba Hospital I'm a stable condition.