Budding scientists keeping busy over school holidays
BUDDING scientists and artists will be kept busy these school holidays with free activities at South Burnett libraries.
South Burnett Councillor Danita Potter said the first week's activity is sure to impress any young science fans.
"With the opportunity to engineer a mechanical version of their own hand, that will demonstrate how tendons work,” she said.
During the second week of the school holidays there will be the opportunity to produce a groovy lava lamp using common household ingredients.
"Which is sure to get the imagination bubbling,” Cr Potter said.
The children will also be able to get on board with the new craze by learning how to make jellyfish friendship bands.
They will not only make a band at the session, but will take away skills to make anything from keyrings to bag tags, providing hours of entertainment at home, using only basic materials.
"I encourage our community to contact your local library as bookings are essential for these activities,” Cr Potter said.
The sessions will be held from September 25 to October 4.
School holiday sessions will be held at:
- Blackbutt library on Wednesday September 26 and October 3 at 10am.
- Kingaroy library on Thursday September 27 and October 4 at 10am and 2.30pm.
- Murgon library on Thursday September 27 and October 4 at 10am.
- Nanango library on Tuesday September 25, Wednesday September 26, Tuesday October 2 and Wednesday October 3 at 2.30pm.
- Proston library on Thursday October 4 at 10am.
- Wondai library on Tuesday October 2 at 2.30pm.