Crews back on scene as Booie bushfire flares up again
UPDATE, Saturday 1.30pm: EMERGENCY crews are still attending the Booie bush fire.
Residents are advised to stay up to date with information, however the fire is currently posing no threats to properties.
The fire is burning near Pates Rd, Cooper Rd and Coolabunia Rd, Booie.
QFES crews are working to strengthen containment lines and maintain the fire.
There are currently two crews on scene at the fire this afternoon.
UPDATE, Friday 4.40pm: THE Booie bush fire has been upgraded to an advice bushfire warning level.
Booie residents are urged to keep up to date and decide what action they will take if the situations changes.
The bushfire is currently burning near Pates Rd and Cooper Rd, and are travelling towards Coolabunia Malar Rd, Booie.
QFES crews are working to contain the fire, and people in the area will be affected by smoke, which will reduce visibility and air quality.
Residents are urged to call 000 immediately if they believe their property is under threat.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Listen to your local radio station or visit the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website for regular updates.
- If you have a bushfire survival plan, refer to it now and be ready to follow it.
- If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, or if your plan is to leave, identify where you will go if the situation changes.
- Close windows and doors to minimise smoke exposure.
- If you suffer from a respiratory condition, keep your medication close by.
- Drive with caution in low visibility conditions.
- Contact your neighbours to see if they need help preparing for the bushfire.
- Consider finding your essential items (e.g., identification documents, prescription medication, food and water, and protective clothing such as a long-sleeved cotton shirt and trousers, and boots) in case you need to leave.
- Consider what you will do to protect your pets and livestock.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Advise family and friends of your intended actions if the situation changes.
EARLIER: BOOIE residents are urged to stay up to date with information as emergency crews continue to monitor the bushfire.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Service crews are still attending the bush fire in Booie, which is burning within the vicinity of Pates Rd and Cooper Rd.
There are currently eight crews on scene and six en route to assist in containing the fire, which had flared up again this afternoon.
The fire broke out on Thursday September 20, and is posing no threats to properties at this time.
Booie residents may be affected by a smoke haze during the evening, are urged to keep windows and doors closed and if suffering from a respiratory condition to keep medications close by.
Motorists are urged to drive with caution and to conditions.
If residents are concerned about their properties is under threat, they are advised to call 000 immediately.