CRIME: Police car windows smashed, and teen found with drugs
INVESTIGATIONS are continuing after unknown offenders allegedly smashed multiple windows of a police car while it was parked on Barber St, Cherbourg.
The offence happened between 7pm and 7.15pm on July 12.
It was one of a number of incidents police in the Murgon, Wondai and Cherbourg division attended to between July 12 and 19.
- A 16-year-old Murgon boy is being dealt with under the Youth Justice Act after police allegedly found drugs when they intercepted and searched the teenager on Gore St, about 11.20pm on July 18.
- Investigations are continuing after unknown offenders allegedly threw rocks at a car on Broadway St, Cherbourg, about 7pm on July 14.
- Police are also investigating a separate incident when an unknown offender threw rocks at a residence on Barber St, Cherbourg, damaging multiple windows, about 3.15pm on July 17.
- Two Murgon residents, a 43-year-old man and 48-year-old woman, will appear in the Murgon Magistrates Court July 30 on drug-related charges. The duo were charged after police found dangerous drugs and drug-related items while executing a search warrant at an address on Lamb St.
- A 27-year-old man will appear in the Cherbourg Magistrates Court on July 24, after damaging a door at a Broadway St, Cherbourg residence at 5am on July 13.
- A 24-year-old Wondai man will appear in the Murgon Magistrates Court August 6, after returning a positive test to a roadside breath test on Mackenzie St at 7.40pm on
- A 25-year-old Murgon man will face the magistrate on August 6 after police found items used in relation to drugs when they intercepted and searched the man on Macalister St at 12.50pm on July 19.
If you have information for police, call Policelink on 131 444 or report information about crime anonymously to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.