Darling Downs road one of the worst in Queensland
A ROAD that runs through the northern parts of the Toowoomba region has been named one the worst roads in Queensland.
The D'Aguilar Highway runs from Caboolture in Moreton Bay to Kingaroy in the South Burnett, via Blackbutt and Yarraman.
The road was named as the 10th worst road in Queensland in the RACQ's Unroadworthy Roads Survey, released earlier this week.
RACQ spokesperson Lucinda Ross said this year's survey attracted 1643 responses with more than 600 sub-standard roads nominated across Queensland.
18 people nominated the D'Aguilar Highway as an unroadworthy road.
Ms Ross said the results highlighted Queensland drivers' main concerns and RACQ would use this feedback to inform its future infrastructure funding priorities.
"Sixty percent of respondents called out the condition of road surfaces and nearly half said narrow lanes or poor road shoulders were the main issues on local roads," she said.
"We'll be sending the results of this survey to State and Local Governments - Queensland drivers have spoken and now we need action."
The Bruce Highway was nominated as the worst road in Queensland.
You can view a list of all the nominated roads here.
Top 10 'Unroadworthy Roads' by responses received:
- Bruce Highway, 94 responses
- Alma Road, Dakabin, 81 responses
- Mount Lindesay Highway, 70 responses
- Kennedy Highway, 64 responses
- Henry Road, Griffin, 50 responses
- Pacific Motorway, 50 responses
- Foxwell Road, Coomera, 27 responses
- Yawalpah Road, Pimpama 25 responses
- Ipswich Boonah Road, 23 responses
- D'Aguilar Highway, 18 responses