EXPLAINED: Burnett water restrictions to remain
SOUTH Burnett residents are encouraged to continue to be water wise as dry conditions continue in the region.
Water restrictions across the South Burnett will continue to be at Level 3 until further notice.
South Burnett Councillor Roz Frohloff said the restrictions were above what they were required to be.
"With drought conditions continuing throughout the South Burnett area, council are monitoring water restriction levels," Cr Frohloff said.
Sunwater's announced allocation is currently 100 per cent of the council's high-priority water.
This is expected to be cut if summer rain does not eventuate, brining substantial dam storage increases.
Sunwater will continue to assess water storage in the region and will advise the council if allocations were to change, resulting in amendments to current water restrictions.
Under Level 3 restrictions, the following conditions apply:
- No watering on Mondays unless specifically stated (as per restriction guidelines)
- Residents at odd-numbered houses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Residents at even-numbered houses may water on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Residents may water on their selected days between 7-8am and 5-6pm.
- Hosing or washing of concrete paved areas is banned.
- No filling of swimming pools or spas, but topping up is allowed.
For more information regarding Level 3 water restrictions and permitted water use, contact the council's water and wastewater team on 4189 9100, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the council website.