Mum’s brother dies week after two triplet sons
A YOUNG mum whose two triplets died suddenly in the night has suffered fresh heartache after her brother was found dead.
The Sun reports that devastated Sarah Owen is said to be "numb with shock" following the death of dad-of-six Steve Owen, the third tragedy to hit the family in just 10 days.
Owen, who would have been 32 yesterday and is thought to have died of a heart attack, had helped to raise money to pay for his nephews' funerals.
Sarah Owen had cried out "my babies, my babies" after she found two of her five-month-old triplets dead said she would "miss their smiles".
The heartbroken mum was seen cuddling surviving tot Ethan in the street after discovering Noah and Charlie had stopped breathing in the night.
She paid tribute to the tragic babies, saying: "We are devastated at the loss of our two beautiful babies, who, along with their brother Ethan, lit up our world.
Noah and Charlie were my life, heart and soul.
"They were the happiest babies, they always had a smile for everyone and made everyone smile back.
"I would give anything to hold my beautiful boys, to see them smile, hear them laugh or even hear them cry.
"I am completely lost and heartbroken without them it feels like I've lost my limbs."
Police are now investigating the tragedy and have ruled out carbon monoxide poisoning as they try to establish a cause of death.
Tests are being carried out to discover if the babies died from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
Sarah Owen had found Noah and Charlie dead in their bed in Bridgend, South Wales on September 23.
The single mum had been receiving help from her family to look after the triplets after giving birth.
After the shocking tragedy her relatives said: "Words cannot describe how empty we feel at this awful time.
"We would like to thank everybody for their kind words and for their offers of support which have meant so much to us."
An inquest is due to be opened by Bridgend Coroner Andrew Barkley.
Money is being raised to help fund Steve Owen's funeral.
This article originally appeared in The Sun