Travis Liam Hornagold pictured after his prior court case in Brisbane (cropped version).
Travis Liam Hornagold pictured after his prior court case in Brisbane (cropped version). Daily Mercury

Recorded boys in toilets in Brisbane, on new charges

A MORANBAH man claimed he was ashamed of secretly filming 51 boys as they used bathrooms at Brisbane's Transit Centre and South Bank Parklands in 2013.

He's now pleaded guilty to another child pornography offence.

Travis Liam Hornagold walked from Brisbane District Court a free man in 2013, with a wholly suspended 18-month jail term and probation for making and possessing child pornography, the Courier Mail reported.

A psychological report tendered during that case - in which Hornagold was said to have pleasured himself while recording boys on a mobile phone - stated there was a low to medium risk Hornagold would reoffend.

However, four years on, Hornagold has pleaded guilty to using a carriage service to access child pornography between August 29 and December 14, 2016.

Barrister Scott McLennan appeared on the 25-year-old's behalf in Mackay District Court on Wednesday.

Hornagold, represented by Legal Aid Queensland, did not appear in court and will stay behind bars as his case edges closer to sentence.

Commonwealth prosecutor Chris Moore detailed delays in Hornagold's sentence, resulting from police investigators being forced to sift through and categorise digital material.

"There's material still outstanding. The Crown is waiting on the categorisation report for material located on his computer. It's child pornography charges," he said.

"I expect the Crown's material will be ready by the end of this week and I'll be in a position to proceed with sentence, perhaps towards the end of next week."

Mr Moore described the forthcoming sentence as including "a lot of moving parts" and added Hornagold had breached his suspended sentence and two-year probation order.

He mentioned Hornagold has additional charges pending in Mackay Magistrates Court, which will likely be escalated to the District Court.

Judge Julie Dick adjourned the case until next Wednesday.

Hornagold was remanded in custody.