Severe storm warning for South Burnett
SEVERE thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours, according to the Bureau of Meteorology
Locations which may be affected include Kingaroy, Yarraman, Cherbourg, Warwick, Toowoomba, Dalby, Gympie, Stanthorpe, Oakey, Inglewood, Toolara Forestry and Chinchilla.
A 91km/h gust was recorded at Dalby at 1.27pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 5pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 219.