COMMUNITY groups have some extra spending money thanks to the the latest round of grants from the State Government.
Member for Nanango Deb Frecklington said several groups successfully secured funding through the latest round of the Gambling and Jupiter's Casino Community Benefit Funds.
"These groups bring so much to our community, and I'm glad that we can provide them with funding which allows them to continue their invaluable work in the area," Mrs Frecklington said.
"These grants can be the difference between keeping these important services in our area and going without," she said.
"I encourage all local groups, however big or small, to apply for the next round of funding before the end of November 2014 and make the most of this wonderful opportunity."
Mrs Frecklington said in total the groups will share in more than $204,000.
- Timbertowns Woodworking Group - $19,800 to purchase a dust extraction system
- South Burnett Branch Little Athletics - $28,950 purchase of equipment
- Kingaroy Netball Assoc - $12,360 to purchase catering equipment
- Nanango & District Kindergarten - $21,10 to upgrade the kitchen and purchase equipment
- Sandy Ridge Rural Fire Brigade - $13.636 to install a solar system
- Taabinga State School - $27,068 to upgrade of facilities and purchase equipment
- Kingaroy Swimming Club - $35,000 to purchase equipment
- Kingaroy Junior Motorcycle Speedway - $34,100 to establish a motorcycle speedway track