STORM WARNING: Heavy rain, wind and hail on the way
WELCOME rain is falling across parts of the South Burnett this afternoon, and forecasters are expecting conditions to intensify.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for damaging winds, heavy rainfall and large hailstones.
Locations that may be affected include Kingaroy, Biloela, Cherbourg, Monto, Baralaba, Theodore, Moura, Eidsvold and Mount Morgan.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 7:15 pm.
If severe thunderstorms develop in the Southeast Queensland area, a more detailed severe thunderstorm warning will be issued to people in this area.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website or call 1300 659 219.