Teen taken to hospital after television 'exploded'
UPDATE 10.15AM: A TEENAGER will be taken to hospital after his television "blew up" and sparked a fire in his bedroom.
A Daily reporter on scene at the Sunshine Beach home said the boy was the only occupant when the fire broke out about 9am.
It is reported to have caused extensive damage to the interior of the house.
Paramedics had treated three people on scene for smoke inhalation, and the boy will be transported to hospital as a precaution.
The Queensland Fire and Emergency Services confirmed the television is believed to be the source of the fire.
Three crews responded and the blaze was swiftly brought under control.
UPDATE 9.50AM: TELEVISION is believed to have sparked a fire in a Sunshine Beach home this morning.
Three Queensland Fire and Emergency Service crews remain on scene after they were called to the single-storey brick home about 9am.
A QFES spokesman said the home has been ventilated.
The Queensland Ambulance Service, Queensland Police Service and Energex were all on site at the Challenge Court house.
Paramedics had treated three people on scene for smoke inhalation.
INITIAL REPORT: A HOUSE fire has broken out in a Sunshine Beach bedroom, with firefighters on scene and more responding.
A Queensland Ambulance Service spokeswoman said three patients are being treated for smoke inhalation at the Challenge Court address.
Two firefighters are in breathing apparatus and others are in action on the hose reel to battle the blaze.
A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said multiple crews are on their way after receiving the call about 9am.
The fire comes as emergency services also respond to a mult-vehicle crash southbound on the Bruce Hwy near the Yandina-Coolum Rd exit.
Firefighters are also cutting a patient free from the wreckage of a separate single-vehicle crash in Tinbeerwah.