UPDATE: Storm warning increases across the Burnett
BURNETT residents are urged to stay safe as the Bureau of Meteorology releases further weather warnings.
Meteorologists have updated the initial weather warning to a severe thunderstorm warning including Cherbourg and the South Burnett.
They detected multiple severe cells across southeast Queensland, which are predicted to bring damaging winds, heavy rain and large hail.
Severe thunderstorms have been detected at 4.40pm near Kingaroy, including Kingaroy, Blackbutt, Linville, Yarraman, Moore and the area south of the NSW border.
The thunderstorm is predicted to move towards the east to northeast.
This will affect regions including the area east of Nanango and north of Kingaroy by 5.20pm.
By 5.50pm, the thunderstorm is predicted to move towards the area of Kingaroy, Wondai, Jimna, southern Lake Wivenhoe and Esk.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.