WARNING: Severe storm headed for Nanango
UPDATE, 5.40pm: This warning is no longer current.
EARLIER: A SEVERE storm warning has been issued for Nanango.
The Bureau of Meteorology has reported severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large, possibly giant hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Gold Coast, Maroochydore, Gympie, Rainbow Beach, Noosa Heads, Croydon, Caboolture, Gatton, Laidley, Lowood, Nambour and Nanango.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.