Water supply to be cut for upgrade work
IF YOU turn on your taps on Sunday, September 22 only to find no water comes out, it won't be because the South Burnett water reserves have succumbed to the drought.
Instead it will due to South Burnett Regional Council's efforts to maintain the region's water infrastructure.
Council will be replacing water system valves as part of its capital works program and ongoing water main replacement program.
The works were scheduled for a Sunday to minimise the impact on business in the affected areas.
Those at affected properties will be notified about the interruption to water supplies before work starts.
The following locations may be impacted:
- Kingaroy St (Haly St to Markwell St)
- Glendon St (Haly St to Avoca St)
- Youngman St (Haly St to Oliver Bond St)
- William St (Haly St to Avoca St)
- Burnett St (Haly St to Alford St)
- Haly St (First Avenue to Kingaroy St)
- Alford St (Mant St to Kingaroy St)
- Markwell St (William St to Kingaroy St)
- Toomey St (William St to Youngman St)
- Avoca St (William St to Kingaroy St)
The council apologises for any inconveniences the work may cause.
Direct any enquiries regarding the works to the council's water and wastewater section by calling on 4189 9100 or emailing email@example.com.